OLEM has experience in European projects funded by Horizon'2020, FP7 and COST. Laboratory is founded within a Reserch Infrastructure project supported by the Bulgarian Science Fund:
- H2020-MSCA-RISE-734164 Graphene 3D (2017-2020) "Multifunctional Graphene-based Nanocomposites with Robust Electromagnetic and Thermal Properties for 3D-printing Application" (Coordinator);
- H2020-Graphene Core 1 “Graphene-based disruptive technologies” (2016-2018);
- Graphene Flagship “Graphene-Based Revolutions in ICT and Beyond” (2014-2016);
FP7- NMP- NanoXCT "Compact X-ray computed tomography system for non destructive characterization of nano materials";
FP7-INCO-BY NanoERA "Industrial developments of applied nanoelecronics" (2011-2013)
F7-NMP-NAPOLYNET "Setting up research intensive clusters across the EU on characterization of polymer nanostructures"COST Action FA0904 "Eco-sustainable Food Packaging based on Polymer Nanomaterials";
COST Action CA15107 Multi-Functional Nano-Carbon Composite Materials Network (MultiComp)
- COST Action MP1303 Understanding and Controlling Nano and Mesoscale Friction
- COST Action MP1206 "Electrospun nano-fibres for bio inspired composite materials and innovative industrial applications"
- COST Action MP1202 "Rational design of hybrid organic-inorganic interfaces: the next step towards advanced functional materials"
- COST Action MP1105 "Sustainable flame retardancy for textiles and related materials based on nanoparticles substituting conventional chemicals (FLARETEX)"
- Bilateral Project BAS - CNR, Italy."Polymer nanocomposites with multiwall carbon nanotubes for engineering application" (2002 – 2016)
- OLEM (DO-02-52/2008-2011) "Setting up an Open Laboratory on experimental micro and nanomechanics of nanostructured materials" – Research Infrastructure Project supported by National Science Fund of Bulgaria.
- Joint research project Bulgaria-India:"Nano-photocatalyst membrane inenergy conversion for water treatment", supported by the National ScienceFund of Bulgaria (2013-2016)